282.705 Use of state SUNCOM Network by nonprofit corporations.—
(1) The department shall provide a means whereby private nonprofit corporations under contract with state agencies or political subdivisions of the state may use the state SUNCOM Network, subject to the limitations in this section. In order to qualify to use the state SUNCOM Network, a nonprofit corporation shall:
(a) Expend the majority of its total direct revenues for the provision of contractual services to the state, a municipality, or a political subdivision; and
(b) Receive only a small portion of its total revenues from any source other than a state agency, a municipality, or a political subdivision during the time SUNCOM Network services are requested.
(2) Each nonprofit corporation seeking authorization to use the state SUNCOM Network shall provide to the department, upon request, proof of compliance with subsection (1).
(3) Nonprofit corporations established pursuant to general law and an association of municipal governments which is wholly owned by the municipalities are eligible to use the state SUNCOM Network, subject to the terms and conditions of the department.
(4) Institutions qualified to participate in the William L. Boyd, IV, Florida Resident Access Grant Program pursuant to s. 1009.89 are eligible to use the state SUNCOM Network, subject to the terms and conditions of the department. Such entities are not required to satisfy the other criteria of this section.
(5) Private, nonprofit elementary and secondary schools are eligible for rates and services on the same basis as public schools if such schools do not have an endowment in excess of $50 million.
History.—s. 1, ch. 80-107; s. 2, ch. 82-56; s. 3, ch. 83-70; s. 15, ch. 87-137; s. 223, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 197, ch. 95-148; s. 12, ch. 96-390; s. 19, ch. 97-296; s. 68, ch. 98-279; s. 36, ch. 99-399; s. 8, ch. 2000-164; s. 14, ch. 2001-261; s. 936, ch. 2002-387; s. 20, ch. 2009-80.
Note.—Former s. 287.272; s. 282.105.