284.42 Reports on state insurance program.—
(1)(a) The Department of Financial Services, with the Department of Management Services, shall conduct an analysis of the state insurance program each year and submit the results on or before January 1 in a report to the Governor, the President of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, which shall include:
1. Complete underwriting information as to the nature of the risks accepted for self-insurance and those risks that are transferred to the insurance market.
2. The funds allocated to the Florida Casualty Risk Management Trust Fund and premiums paid for insurance through the market.
3. The method of handling legal matters and the cost allocated.
4. The method and cost of handling inspection and engineering of risks.
5. The cost of risk management service purchased.
6. The cost of managing the State Insurance Program by the Department of Financial Services and the Department of Management Services.
(b) Beginning January 1, 2013, the Division of Risk Management shall include in its annual report an analysis of agency return-to-work efforts, including, but not limited to, agency return-to-work program performance metrics and a status report on participating return-to-work programs. The report shall specify benchmarks, including, but not limited to, the average lost-time claims per year, per agency; the total number of lost claims; and specific agency measurable outcomes indicating the change in performance from year to year.
(2) The departments shall make available complete claims history including description of loss, claims paid and reserved, and the cost of all claims handled by the state.
History.—s. 2, ch. 72-206; s. 7, ch. 77-320; s. 243, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 327, ch. 2003-261; s. 6, ch. 2011-59.