364.335 Application for certificate of authority.—
(1) Each applicant for a certificate of authority shall: (a) Provide the following information:
1. The applicant’s official name and, if different, any name under which the applicant will do business.
2. The street address of the principal place of business of the applicant.
3. The federal employer identification number or the Department of State’s document number.
4. The name, address, and telephone number of an officer, partner, owner, member, or manager as a contact person for the applicant to whom questions or concerns may be addressed.
5. Information demonstrating the applicant’s managerial, technical, and financial ability to provide telecommunications service, including an attestation to the accuracy of the information provided.
(b) File the application fee required by the commission in an amount not to exceed $500. Such fees shall be deposited in accordance with s. 350.113.
(2) The commission shall grant a certificate of authority to provide telecommunications service upon a showing that the applicant has sufficient technical, financial, and managerial capability to provide such service in the geographic area proposed to be served. The applicant shall ensure continued compliance with applicable business formation, registration, and taxation provisions of law.
(3) A certificate of authority may be terminated by the telecommunications company by submitting notice to the commission.
(4) Except as provided in s. 364.33, revocation, suspension, transfer, or amendment of a certificate shall be subject to the provisions of this section.
History.—s. 27, ch. 80-36; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 3, 5, ch. 82-51; s. 6, ch. 83-73; s. 1, ch. 85-327; ss. 6, 7, ch. 89-163; ss. 32, 48, 49, ch. 90-244; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 21, ch. 95-403; s. 93, ch. 96-410; s. 18, ch. 2005-132; s. 12, ch. 2009-226; s. 31, ch. 2011-36.